It's heeeeeeere!

Thursday, December 01, 2011


FINALLY. I've been itching for the festive season to officially start for a long, long time, but somehow December has snuck up on me and I can't quite believe it's that time of year again. I haven't even got myself an advent calendar/advent candle/hand-crafted super-duper advent extravaganza yet, and as for Christmas presents... well. The less said about that, the better. I do have some sparkly boots though, so don't go thinking I'm *completely* unprepared for the festivities.

I am stupidly busy at the moment, but my Christmas present to myself (oh and birthday present. Did I mention it's my birthday in December too? No? It is. Two days after Christmas, in fact. You might hear me mention it once or twice. Or a million times. One side-effect of having a birthday so close to Christmas is that I feel the need to bring it up at every opportunity, lest anyone should come even remotely close to forgetting it. Or - even worse - wrapping my birthday presents in Christmas paper. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THAT?) is to devote a little more time to blogging for the rest of the month. I'm not all that far away from my one-year bloggiversary and I don't want to limp halfheartedly across that threshold, dragging my pale, lifeless blog along behind me like a shrivelled limb, oh no. I want to skip across it wearing sparkly boots and singing Christmas songs. Even though it will be January by then. Whatever.

In this spirit, I am so excited to be hanging out with the lovely Lauren McGlynn this weekend and hopefully taking a few pictures of the newest and most photogenic member of my little family. I might even be in some of them too, and if you're VERY lucky (and I don't look like a total weirdo in them), you might get to see them. Merry Christmas.

Anyone else getting into the Christmas spirit? No? Just me...?

(That isn't Smidgen in the antlers, by the way. Not yet, anyway. You know how I feel about dogs wearing clothes.)


11 boats moored

  1. I am definitely in the festive spirit and so happy boring grey November is over.

    Bring on the festive tipples, mince pies and general excessiveness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm December 21st. I always feel sorry for you poor unfortunate souls with birthday's even closer to Christmas than me.

    I think you should wear the sparkel boots on our shoot for serious.

    See you soon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. SPARKLY BOOTS. They should definitely be in those pictures.

    I am very, very much pleased that it is finally officially ok to cover everything in glitter and lights because it's December. I actually started early this year, because sometime life just needs that added twinkle, right? But normally, it all kicks off on Dec 1st as that's my Mum's bday.

    That photo is brilliant, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I woke up so glad it was December today.

    It has been so hard to resist a festive mood with all the adverts trying to convince me it was xmas in autumn but now its officially the festive month I'm totally allowing myself to celebrate. Plus November has been a particularly crappy month for me (despite having my birthday at the beginning) so I'm really looking forward to getting in the festive mood and winding down for the break. Well actually I can't wind down at work because I've still got so much to get done this year but I'm so looking forward to the 24th! Anyone else not being given 23rd off work? So stingy.

    Can't wait to see the festive pictures of Smidgen!

    xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie (aka Kirsty's Mum)1 December 2011 at 17:12

    Well, my dear daughter, I won't be wrapping your present in Christmas paper!! However, Christmas isn't Christmas till you and I and hopefully wee bro Ali dance and sing along to Mariah Carey "All I Want for
    Christmas is You"..... Perhaps drink will have been taken..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, definitely getting into the Christmas spirit! But to fully get there, I demand a picture of Smidgen in antlers.

    And have I mentioned yet that that is the CUTEST name for a dog? I LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too, me too! Mine's Dec 30th and it sucks! Who ever wants to go out to a party the day BEFORE New Year's Eve?? No-one! Harumph. (Although I am trying to tempt my friends out with a "30th on the 30th" invite this year! But it's hard when folk have gone home for Christmas and/or are away for New Year.) :(

    OK sulk over, yaaaaay it's December!! All I want for Christmas is my all time favourite Christmas song Kirsty's Mum!

    I also vote for Smidgen in antlers! It's just an accessory like a collar, not strictly 'clothes'?

    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you've already posted a picture of your dog in a slanket, could antlers really be any worse?

    I refuse to acknowledge Christmas until a week or so out. That's when the girls and I got and get the biggest tree we can find that will (just fit) under the ceiling so as to irritate their "I don't like recently living Christmas trees" mother and the countdown starts. Otherwise, the rest of the month blows (mostly for work-related reasons).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking forward to seeing you both at Blook Club! I'm trying to decide whether to get a Christmas tree tomorrow or wait until next weekend. I'm thinking tomorrow.
    My very creative friend (I've posted her cards on my blog) made us an advent calendar as part of our wedding present. It's amazing, and full of Thorntons chocolates, 2 in each pocket so no fighting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. December birthdays definitely get the shittier end of the stick.

    Happy Birthday! Wrapped in birthday paper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Not feeling Christmassy yet but posts like this are getting me there!

    ReplyDelete