Things my father has taught me, Vol. 1

Monday, December 12, 2011


1. How to play my first ever tune on the piano.

2. Always to question the statistics you hear on TV.

3. That it is possible to function in a room where only 10% of the floor space is visible (but that maybe it would make for an easier life just to tidy up a little bit).

4. Which is the best seat on a roller coaster.


5. That life isn't complete without a little adventure.


Happy Birthday, Dad
xxx


(Yes, my family is full of December babies. It can be an expensive month.)


Top image by Lillian and Leonard. Bottom image taken in Cairngorm Car Park, April 1969-ish. Some things never change.

8 boats moored

  1. Rosie (aka Kirsty's Mum)12 December 2011 at 09:39

    Sometimes a bit too much adventure!! How can your Dad and I have got this OLD??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's your thinking on the rollercoaster seats then? We think the back because it's faster.

    Happy Birthday Kirsty's dad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say? I'm looking forward to volume 2... Dad xxx
    PS Front seat or back seat both havetheir attractions, it's the middle that's no good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh congratulations to super cool's Kirsty's dad.
    Adventures, yes, never want to stop having those.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, love this :) Which seat is best on a rollercoaster? The inside so you squish everyone else? (Am I right?)

    Happy birthday Kirsty's Dad! (Love the comments too!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally agree with number 2 (but don't tell anyone I said that!)
    And Happy December to all your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthday to your dad! Brilliant stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, so sweet! Also, it would appear that I share a birthday with your dad.

    ReplyDelete