Things my mother has taught me, Vol. 1

Friday, December 09, 2011


1. That poetry can be funny.

2. How to make a mean macaroni cheese.

3. That singing along to a good song is one of life's great joys.

4. The importance of small acts of kindness.


5. How to rock a sheepskin coat.


Happy Birthday, Mum
xxx



Top image of my mum first seen on her guest post. Bottom image from my fun picture-taking day with the wonderful Lauren McGlynn. You can see a couple more on her blog here, along with the first of her series on how to take better photographs.

8 boats moored

  1. Happy birthday to your mom :)
    And this is a lovely little tribute you just did for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just wow... you guys look so alike! Good genes there :) Yup you're both rocking sheepskin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Kirsty's Mum!

    I'm pretty sure the stuff your mum taught you will extend to several weighty tomes, she sounds like a cool lady x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So alike, I thought that was another Lauren pic at the top in B+W!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rosie (aka Kirsty's Mum)9 December 2011 at 14:11

    Aw Kirsty, you always get it just right!! When you sent me Lauren's photos, I thought of that one of me with my Afghan coat - might actually have been on my birthday in 1969 or 70! Maybe we should get one for Smidgen? See you tomorrow. Love youxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those seem like a perfect set of life skills right there!

    ReplyDelete