Summer Love-In: Rooooouuuuuund Up!

Friday, July 01, 2011


So, today, in much the same way as last Friday, I had high, high hopes. I was going to write a stunning, stupendous post. I even made NOTES, people. But you know what? Having a cold, and tramping about the California countryside in the rain, and sprawling in a hot tub, and reading one's husband's science fiction short story collection (what? I finished all of my books, ok?) and driving up into the woods to duet I Know Him So Well with one's aunt, and crossing things off one's life list, all take time.

Instead, therefore, I am taking the easy option and providing a neat little round-up for those of you who were too busy/lazy/lost without me [delete as applicable] to read each Summer Love-In post the first time around. I promise I'll be back next week with an actual post. After I have disembarked from the plane after my soul-destroying transatlantic journey wearing a not-even-in-the-shops-yet designer dress with my hair in a perfectly-styled demi-chignon. Naturally.

What, this old thing? Oh, I just happened to have it in my hand luggage...

WEEK ONE

First up, all the way back at the start, we had the lovely Esme telling us how to marry a doctor. Plus the prettiest engagement pictures ever. Love. 
Then Lauren of I'm Better In Real Life explained why she hates shorts. Frankly, after the last three weeks, I can see where she's coming from. 
Next, the adorable girls from Any Other Wedding. told us about the summer that made them who they are. First Aisling, then Anna, then Clare. Heartbreaking, wonderful stuff, featuring the beautiful images of Lucy Stendall.
Lyn of Another Damn Life was on hand to lighten things up the next day with her compelling case for lakes versus oceans. Again, after a week of dipping my frozen toes in the Pacific, I hear ya, Lyn. 
Finally, to round off our first amazing week, Rachel of Flowers and Stripes gave us the sweetest poem EVER.

WEEK TWO
 
The supremely-talented Lucy Stendall kicked off week two with her tale of summer nights... (not THAT kind of summer night, this ain't that kind of blog). 
Lauren McGlynn gave us a fantastic post all about my beloved homeland and the difficulties she has faced giving up her own, plus some stunning photography - love love love!
Then my very own Hubster, the one and only Fin, imparted some of his musical wisdom and made me the proudest wife this side of the Mississippi. (Have no actual idea where the Mississippi is, but whatever.)
 
WEEK THREE

Brand-new blogger Linsey of Boredzilla told us about her favourite summer ever.
Brand-new wife Zan of Oversized Cliches told us all about Scotland. Even though she's never been there. Ahem.
Then the fabulous Kristen of What Kristen Saw and her equally fab friend Linsey McIntosh shared an awesome project and some awesome pictures.
And finally. Last but never ever least. My wonderful mum was here with her usual witty take on 50s summers and knitted swimming trunks. The mind boggles.
 
 
I just want to take this opportunity to say a huge and heartfelt thank you to each and every one of my Summer Love-In contributors. You have made this holiday infinitely more wonderful and I cannot thank you enough.
 
I will be back on Monday (jet-lag dependant) to update you on my American adventure, including How I Managed Not To Kill Any Of My In-Laws (Just About). 
 
Until then, have a very happy weekend x

3 boats moored

  1. Rosie (aka Kirsty's Mum)1 July 2011 at 22:00

    Missed you loads - obviously you in person, life just isn't the same without you 25 miles away and in mobile range. But even more, missed your writing. See you Sunday xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not surprised you missed her..she's wonderful.Al and I so enjoyed the short time we spent spent with the pair of them last night.Alas we're 6,025 miles away but the blog helps it seem much nearer...sigh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Kirsty's back! I missed you too. Let's go to Anthroplogie together soon.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive