Done and dusted!

Monday, May 23, 2011

Why yes, those *are* pink legwarmers.

So, I don't know if you knew this, but I was taking part a little run yesterday. I might have mentioned it.

I wish I had the energy to tell you about the easy parts when the sun was shining and I was high-fiving row after row of giggling boys, and the hard parts when my stomach was twisting and stabbing and there was nothing ahead but Scotland's ugliest power station looming grimly against the darkening sky, and the thrilling part when the marathon leader sprinted past in the other direction and all of the runners around me whooped and clapped and cheered him on his way to victory, and the best part when I rounded a bend and all of a sudden there were the smiling, cheering faces of my family and friends and I fumbled my wrist band into the hands of the next runner and it was over.

But I don't have the energy to tell you about that. (Did you know running was so tiring?)


So I will just say we did it (in 4 hours and 5 minutes, by the way!), we raised a big wad of cash for Breast Cancer Care, Blonde Bridesmaid totally NAILED the last leg, we all went and drank a lot of wine, and then the Hubster and I had a big, massive, fat-bastard pizza. 

Best. Day. Ever.

Thank you all so much for your support and good wishes - it means more than you could know.


12 boats moored

  1. <3 awesome! I'll send Beth a link to this. Thank you Kirsty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. F*ck yes! You're rad. Love the legwarmers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done! As a complete non runner, you have my lifelong admiration. For the legwarmers, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. And you did it in style - love it! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hip hip, hooray! Well done! The thought of doing a marathon fills me with dread. I ought to have gotten on the ball and sponsored you so that I could said you'd run the maranthon vicariously on my behalf.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, lady! Glad the pizza was so enjoyable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. yeahhhh congrats! and well done. and when's the next one..? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much everyone! Finally recovered, just about.

    Think I'll be waiting a while before the next one, though. But the NY marathon is still on the life list...

    ReplyDelete
  9. So proud, much love
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done, sorry it took me so long to comment!

    ReplyDelete