How to channel your inner 12-year-oldTuesday, February 28, 2012
1. Belatedly notice that all the cool kids are wearing friendship bracelets. Decide you must have one immediately.
2. Go to John Lewis (other haberdasheries are available) and buy bumper pack of budget embroidery thread because you're too cheap to splash out on the good stuff.
3. Spend three days deciding which colours to use.
4. Realise you spent so long choosing colours that your only crafty friend has gone away on holiday so you're going to have to make your OWN FRIENDSHIP BRACELET. Cringe.
5. Find helpful tutorial online. (Not mine, obviously. I'm talking about an *actual* helpful one.)
6. Painstakingly make bracelet. Continually make stupid mistakes and have to unpick it. Curse the day friendship bracelets were ever invented.
(Pro tip: If you can, make the bracelet half a centimetre too long, but don't realise until after you've finished the bracelet and snipped all the end bits off and it's too late to change it. This bit's brilliant!)
7. As soon as slightly wonky bracelet is finished, log onto internet and discover the cool kids have officially declared that friendship bracelets are so over. Sigh.
8. Belatedly notice that all the cool kids are wearing [insert pretty much anything here]. Decide you must have one immediately.
|It's an arm party and YOU'RE INVITED!|
P.S. I know it looks like I'm smuggling a badger up my jumper or something, but I think it's just a weird perspective. Or a weird jacket. One or the other. Also, that is a zip pocket that has left that lovely imprint on my hand. Great. And you wonder why I don't post more pictures of my outfits?
P.P.S. I nearly forgot, I have a guest post up on Red Boots! Wendy asked a few of us to write something on the topic of Our Favourite Things, while she is busy looking after her new favourite thing, little baby Elsie. There are no raindrops or kittens, but there are sequins, puddles and Smidgen adopting a weirdly demure pose. You know you want to.
Top two images by Honestly WTF