Speaking of wearing ridiculous things on your head

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

I'm not sure which of them is more pissed off at this situation.

Like cats? Hate cat hair? Like making shit? Then boy, do I have the book for you! Crafting With Cat Hair will tell you everything you need to know to turn those pesky fur balls into beautiful and useful objects for you and your home. I can't promise you there's a hat pattern in there, but there is definitely one for a cat-hair finger puppet. Because WHO WOULDN'T WANT A CAT-HAIR FINGER PUPPET?


While one reviewer bemoaned the lack of more complex techniques ("I was hoping there'd be other uses for cat hair, such as spinning it into yarn"), this is nevertheless the definitive guide to feline felting, fit to grace any crafter's bookshelf. Might I suggest placing it alongside your copy of Knit Your Own Royal Wedding?

(Yes, Crafting With Cat Hair is an actual, genuine book, that someone has actually, genuinely published. There's hope for us all.)

While we're on the subject of books, I spent an idle half hour over the weekend creating a little "{as seen on} a safe mooring" Amazon store, as a way to gather together all the bits and pieces I've linked to from here*. I'm not going to lie, it's a bizarre collection, ranging from poetry to Slankets, Anchorman to Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies. Something for everyone there, I think you'll agree.

Don't forget that, with all Amazon links, if you click on the link and then buy something, I will be QUIDS IN. I mean, the money still isn't exactly rolling in, but surely it's only a matter of time until I'm able to jack in the day job and live off the spoils of all of you people buying obscure craft books and Postcards from Penguin. In fact, thanks to the person who bought a TV the other day (um, jackpot!), there's a chance I might actually be able to afford to buy something soon.

I've got my eye on Knitting with Dog Hair.



*Yes, okay, this is a blatant rip-off of Florence Finds' idea. What of it?

{Thanks to My Spare Thoughts for bringing this great work of literature to my attention. Image: River Viiperi and cat (name unknown) shot by Pieter Henket for Guapo February 2010.}

6 boats moored

  1. He he... that pic is all kinds of wrong! Bald cat, spiky collar, exposed nipple... and wait, is he like 14?!

    I took one look at the cover of crafting with cat hair... and thought it must be Japanese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU DID NOT.

    [you did!]

    YOU DID NOT.

    [you did!]

    THAT BOOK CANNOT BE SERIOUS.

    [it is!]

    I THOUGHT THAT DUDE HAD A RAT TAIL AT FIRST BUT THEN I REALIZED IT WAS A CAT TAIL.

    [new hair fashion trend?]

    GAH.

    [gah.]

    ReplyDelete
  3. At last! Someone has answered my prayers of what to do with the large very fine almost cashmere like clumps of cat hair that plague me on a daily basis.

    2012 will be the year of cat crafts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to buy this book for somebody for their birthday (I haven't decided who yet) at some point this year, and I will buy it from your shop.

    AMAZING.

    Px

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Lyn - I thought it was a rat tail ponytail for a second too. It reminded me of the Jordan from New Kids On The Block doll I had as a child, with extendable ponytail. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That book is all sorts of wrong and then I look at the amount of cat hair that comes off our carpets and I wonder..........


    But seriously no, just no, just absolutely effing no.

    ReplyDelete