Well, this is embarrassing.

Monday, October 10, 2011



I bought a coat.


From Topshop.


Whatever. I might be a hypocrite, but at least I'll be a cosy hypocrite. And it has sleeves and does not resemble baby raccoon tails or a character from Sesame Street. Which are always my main criteria in searching for a coat. Along with not being a yellow puffer jacket (I'm with Lauren on that one).

You have my permission to judge me.

14 boats moored

  1. Wow Kirsty, I am impressed! I can only imagine your battle through the carebears and furry octopuses in order to find what may be Topshop's ONLY nice, classic, winter coat! Well done girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love duffle coats with toggles! This is probably because I also love Paddington Bear. Want me to send you some Marmite?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had duffle coat envy on the train this morning. What made it worse was the fact that it belonged to an impossibly stylish teenager going to school.

    Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I like it... doesn't really matter where it comes from as long as you don't look like a giant Teddy bear...

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOGGLES! I love toggles! ...even if it's from a shop as messed up as Topshop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need a black coat for winter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had no idea they had "normal" clothing at Topshop. I love it! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oo, a duffle. T'is a classic. I need to buy a winter coat this weekend - my parka is looking a bit, well, shit. It hardly screams professionalism. I'm thinking 'mannish'. The mags say it's all the rage h'apparently. I'm soooo painfully hip.

    ReplyDelete
  9. don't know about the UK but toggles are definitely "in " in the US .your wee cousin Leah has a Mini Boden duffle with toggles ....so you know it's the in thing! Only this morning I got out my duffle, it's a bit roomy on the "lesser me" but will be fine for the cold days in the redwoods.BTW I was able to fit into my wedding dress yesterday...don't imagine I'll be wearing it to play golf but it was my target...don't know what the next one will be!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Izzy, that is amazing!!!!! I can't even fit into mine (well, probably - can't say I've tried it on recently).

    I'm delighted to hear Leah and I are style twins :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. the toggles mean you are forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oooh! I love a duffle coat. MUCH nicer than the yellow puff... I am still in a quandary about a coat after that whole discussion!

    ReplyDelete
  13. it's so cute - I love a coat that covers my ass

    ReplyDelete
  14. Funniest.post.ever...

    And most certainly contender for best post title.

    I'm glad you feel able to share the shame with us. On the plus side, the coat looks lovely! No remsemblence to animals or children's TV characters whatsoever.

    ReplyDelete