Things my mother has taught me, Vol. 2Wednesday, December 09, 2015
1. The importance of giving excellent presents.
2. That you should always try to finish what you've started, but sometimes it's okay to say fuck it, life's too short.
3. That love will wrap you up like a soft blanket and keep you warm, even when it's dark and cold and your baby won't sleep and everything is horrible and you just want your mum and she's not there.
4. The importance of giving excellent cuddles.
5. That ducks go quack, and cows go moo, and how to be gentle and why you probably shouldn't eat things you find on the ground in the park. I had no idea how many things she'd taught me, until I had to start teaching them to somebody else.
Thanks, Mum. Happy birthday. We think about you every day.
(see also Things my mother has taught me, Vol. 1)
Second image by Lauren McGlynn